‘Tis the season for grilled pizzas. We made the best one we’d ever had this week, so I wanted to do a quick share. The crust was perfect – thin and crisp without being brittle or getting burnt. Don’t forget to roll the crust as thinly as possible without having holes. The grill cooks the outsides and toppings very quickly, so a thick crust will still be doughy in the middle when the rest of the pie is becoming a charred mess.
- 1/2 batch of super dough
- Olive oil
- 1 cup of good bbq sauce
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (we use leftover roasted chicken)
- 1 cup sauteed onions
- A few pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar or gouda
- 1/2 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Toss chicken in 1/4 cup of the bbq sauce
- Follow directions for grilled pizza with all remaining ingredients except for cilantro.
- After pizza comes off the grill, sprinkle it with the chopped cilantro. This may sound weird, but it really makes the pizza sing.