I finally started cooking with Thai curry paste, and the red variety just begged to be paired with a tomato sauce. I stirred some into our pizza sauce one night, and voila! I loved the combination and wanted to try it with some other flavors I’ve been enjoying lately.
- 1/3 batch of super dough, rolled to a thin pizza crust
- 6 T. pizza sauce (I use Dei Fratelli – I have made my own pizza sauce, but it’s never quite as good as this one)
- 1-2 T. red curry paste (I use Maesri)
- 1 cup sauteed mushrooms
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 5 oz. whole milk mozzarella, shredded
- A few tablespoons chopped basil and cilantro, to taste
- Preheat oven to 550 degrees (or as high as your oven will go – 550 is our limit)
- Brush bottom of crust with olive oil and place on a pizza pan. Brush the outer edge of the top of crust with olive oil.
- Combine the pizza sauce and curry paste, then spread around the pizza crust.
- Top with crumbles of goat cheese, mozzarella, and mushrooms.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and the crust starts to brown. Start checking after 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven, then top with fresh herbs.