A terrific summer dessert or snack. Our friend and neighbor, Tari, dropped off a huge batch of this soup while we were recuperating from a recent hospital stay. It’s delicious and refreshing on a hot afternoon. It’s also a crowd pleaser – we’ve shared it with lots of visitors, and everyone has loved it.
- 1.5 cups peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced (drain the juice if you use canned peaches) (but don’t really do that because you should be using fresh peaches right now!) (but I guess that canned would be okay if you are making this out of season)(You know what? Make it either way – this stuff is awesome)
- 8 oz. can of pineapple chunks in its own juice, do not drain
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 8 oz. vanilla yogurt (or plain yogurt with honey, to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Chill before serving – the colder, the better.
- Garnish with mint leaves and/or seasonal fruit