This is such a terrific side dish. It was especially good alongside chicken and apple sausage.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and seeded, cut into 1-inch chunks.
- 6 granny smith (or other tart) apples, peeled, cored and sliced.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Toss apples with lemon juice, then toss together with squash and cinnamon.
- Spoon into a casserole dish, sprinkle with brown sugar, then pour apple juice over the top.
- Cover and bake until squash is fork tender, about 1 hour.
Source: Jackson Hole Cooks! by Rebecca Woods