Double-sided felt magnet covers on a cheap metal tin. A game with its own storage! This gift cost about $2.50.
- Metal tin large enough to hold a tic-tac-toe board (I got this red one and a really pretty blue one that didn’t photograph well at Dollar Tree).
- 9 small double-sided magnets (available at craft stores)
- 2 colors of felt
- Embroidery thread and needles
- Sharpie, electrical tape, or ribbon and glue to mark the tic tac toe grid (I used electrical tape in the one above)
- Cut felt into squares just larger than the magnets. 9 squares for each color.
- Sew Xs onto one color of felt squares and Os onto the other color. You can do this with fabric cut-out letters, too, but that seemed like a lot of work to me.
- Sew an X to each O, stitching along the outside edges. Slide a magnet in before closing the 4th side of each square.
- Mark the game grid on top of the tin.