Okay, so they are not really fries. I get it. But they get crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside, they look like steak fries, and they are really good. Throw these on the grill while the entree is cooking and enjoy an easy, delicious side dish with your meal.
- 1.5 pounds russet potatoes
- Lemon wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Scrub potatoes and cut into long triangular wedges (6 wedges per potato for medium-sized potatoes). Each triangle should have 2 cut sides and one skin side.
- Squeeze 2 wedges of lemon juice onto the cut potatoes and toss.
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place cut side down on a medium-high grill and cook for about 4 minutes until lightly browned. Flip onto the other cut side and repeat.
- Move the wedges to an area with indirect heat and cook on the skin side until potatoes are tender when pierced with a sharp knife. This should take about 6-8 minutes.
Southwest variation: Add 3/4 tsp. chili powder, 1/2 tsp. cumin and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder.