My sister made this for our Thanksgiving gathering. It was so delicious that I had to steal the recipe to share with you.
The recipe came from her winter fruit CSA, courtesy of Harmony Valley Farm. Compound butter is something that always sounds amazing, but also sounds far too tricky to attempt. This one was, indeed, amazing. However, the process looks pretty simple. I can’t wait to make a batch of my own, though I will wait until there’s an occasion for sharing – I don’t trust myself with a whole bowl of this in the house.
Knock this out for a cheery red holiday spread in upcoming weeks. Serve it on waffles for breakfast or rolls with dinner. Or just on your finger. No judgment here.
- 1 stick of unsalted butter at room temp
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- 4 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Place cranberries and butter in a food processor. Blend until cranberries are incorporated. Then add syrup and continue to process until the ingredients are blended.
- Store in the refrigerator. Soften a bit at room temperature before serving.