This slow cooker recipe is a nice change from the standard carrots/onions/potatoes pot roast. It’s so simple and delicious. Serve with tzatziki, tomatoes, and warm pita bread for the perfect week-night dinner.
- Chuck roast or rump roast, 2.5-3.5 pounds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, minced (you want about 3 Tablespoons of minced garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2 onions, thickly sliced.
- Throw the roast into the slow cooker.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic. Pour half of this mixture over the roast. Flip the roast over and pour the rest of the olive oil over the top.
- Toss in the sliced onions.
- Cover and cook on the low setting for 7-10 hours, depending on your slow cooker and the size of the roast. It took exactly 8 hours for a 3 pound roast in our crock pot. If you are home and have a moment, flip the roast a time or two so that all sides get to soak in the flavor. Cook until the meat is tender, but not disintegrated.
- Taste and add salt and/or pepper, if necessary.
- Serve with warmed pitas, tzatziki sauce, chopped tomatoes, and sliced onions.