A quick snack or a sneakily healthy dessert, these little balls take about 10 minutes to create. The espresso powder adds depth to the sweetness, and the ground almonds create a wonderful texture. This recipe is going into our snack rotation.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 5 oz. dried cherries
- 3 T. cocoa powder, divided
- 1/4 tsp. + 1/8 tsp. espresso powder, divided
- Pinch of salt
- Pulse the almonds in the food processor a few times to get them chopped.
- Add dates, cherries, 2 T. cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp. espresso powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 T. cocoa powder with 1/8 tsp. espresso powder.
- Form the date mixture into 24 balls.
- After all balls are formed, dip each one in the cocoa powder mix, then roll between your hands. Keep your hands over the bowl so that excess powder drops back into the bowl. Brush off any excess cocoa powder, then set each ball on a tray or plate.
- Store in an airtight container.